Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tool #2 - Online Community

I enjoy exchanging ideas with my colleagues; a lot of times it reaffirms what/how I do things by comparing outcomes and what lead to them. Sharing is also a great way to receive information from another perspective and tweeking ones own way of doing things.

I visited all the blogs listed. I located other useful blogs from the ones visited and I subscribed to "Technology in the Middle" and "Technology Tidbits:..." Part of the reason I was not thrilled with most of the blogs listed is because they were too "busy" for me.

I have used "Delicious" for a couple of years and am really grateful I have it... I did signup for a "Diigo" account but I am not sure how I will use it... time will tell.

This summer, I have decided to go completely mental and begin training for a triathlon race some time in the near future, so I "Googled" triathlon blogs and found the information I read to be very helpful, so I also subscribed to one of these blogs.

5 comments:

knappster said...

Wow! I'm impressed! A triathlon is very ambitious! Good for you!

Unknown said...

A Tri! Wow - are you and Rose F. going to do this together?

Dyanna said...

Oh Wow, good luck with the Tri, that's awesome! I agree with you about some sites/blogs being too busy but it's fun reading different views and perspectives.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have the time to really train for something. A triathlon sounds really challenging, sounds just perfect! Good luck!
I didn't understand what you said about "busy blogs/sites", did you hear a busy signal? Or was it difficult (slow) to access the blog? Sorry for the question, I'm just trying to learn and understand this technical vocabulary... :)

AP said...

I just talked to my husband about wanting to train for a triathlon. Let me know what you learn and maybe we can go mental together!