Monday, June 20, 2011

Tool #4 - Using the Clouds

While working on my Master's, every semester we were assigned at least two group presentations. On several occasions my group used Google Docs Presentation which is the equivalent of PowerPoint presentation.

In 2009, when our library received the Macs, the group of 5th grade students used Presentation to do their Science Project... it always amazes me how kids adapt to technology easier than adults do.

I am really excited about using Form to create a "beginning-of-the-year" questionnaire of "favorites" for students to fill out. As a class, we can go back and graph the information using Spreadsheet (equivalent to Excel), as a math lesson... I also think Form can be used to create reflection questions on what students have learned -- or have students create reflection questions for each other on what they have read, i.e. for a book club extension project.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope 5th grade makes good use of Google Docs this upcoming year. So much better than trying to retrieve a document from a student's folder on the server.