Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tool #5 Producing w/Web 2.0

I have used Animoto with students in the past, and showed Glogster to the 5th graders this school year for their Science projects. I decided to learn something new -- Stupeflix Video.... I compiled some family photos, uploaded them to Picasa, then to Stupeflix, to create the following video. I would like to use this with the students in the same way; they can take photos of their family members, upload them to Picasa then to Stupeflix and create their family video.

As an example, I will show them this video I made and then create a class "family" video taking photos of everyone in the class, uploading the photos via Picasa and then using Stupeflix to create the video.



I took a look at storyjumper and really like the idea that students can write their own books. In Science, they can have their own inquiries, or they can summarize their favorite book or collaborate with someone else and write a new book as a project. I didn't create anything in storyjumper but plan to use it in class and will create something with the students as a sample, before they create something on their own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I played with ComixMaker - that was fun - and easy to use.