Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing #7 Cool Google Tools

The two tools that I found most useful, especially for teaching are Google Notebook and Google Scholar. Notebook allowed me to compile all my research rather than print entire articles and I created a database with all my relevant information. I could then make notes right on the articles. It is no longer necessary to have several browser windows open switching back and forth getting lost and frustrated looking for the information that I know I just saw. The collaboration feature is even better for working in groups. It allows instant and easy access to ALL the information from everyone. This would be extremely useful when students work in groups on research projects.

Google Scholar provides an excellent search resource with not a lot of effort. It weeds out the unnecessary psycho with a computer posting whatever they please. What was most impressive is not only did it provide websites but actual .pdf papers of a given subject, providing another dimension to the internet search engine. This would also be a great way for students to work effectively on research projects.

No comments: